I- Ingredients for 3 servings :
- 1/2 cup water;
- 1/4 cup quinoa;
- 1 tsp olive oil;
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped);
- 1/2 cup asparagus (chopped);
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (chopped);
- 2/3 cup spinach (chopped);
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (sweet, cut in half);
- 10 egg whites;
- Add the water to a small pot. Bring to a boil and add the quinoa.
- Bring back to a boil and then cook on medium for 12 minutes or until water is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan add the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, asparagus, bell pepper and spinach.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the egg whites.
- Cook the egg whites and scramble them with a spatula.
- Mix the eggs with the vegetables and add the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the quinoa into egg and vegetable mixture.
III- Nutrition Facts per serving:
- 150 calories;
- Fat: 2.5g;
- Saturated Fat: 0g;
- Cholesterol: 0mg;
- Carbs: 17g;
- Fiber: 4g;
- Protein: 17g;
- Sugar: 3g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!