I- Ingredients for 9 Bruschettas:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes;
- 1 cup ricotta cheese;
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves (finely chopped);
- 2 Tbsp basil leaves (finely chopped);
- 1 Tbsp chives (finely chopped);
- 1 french bread (baguette, or similar artisan country bread, cut in ½ inch thick slices, 8-10 slices);
- 3 Tbsp olive oil;
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and left whole);
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine ricotta cheese, spinach, basil and chives.
- Stir to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- Toast bread, in a toaster or under the broiler in the oven ( or on the grill if you like), until golden brown.
- Rub toast vigorously with whole raw garlic clove. The rough surface of the bread helps shave the garlic clove. (approx. 2-3 strokes per slice of bread, add more or less to taste).
- Drizzle or brush top side of toast with olive oil.
- Assemble bruschetta by layering each piece of toast with ricotta mixture, and sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with snipped chives and chopped basil.
III- Nutrition Facts per Bruschetta:
- 120 calories;
- Fat: 8g;
- Saturated Fat: 3g;
- Cholesterol: 15mg;
- Carbs: 7g;
- Fiber: <1g;
- Protein: 4g;
- Sugar: 1g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!