- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced in half across its “equator”;
- 2 bell peppers (color of choice), deseeded and sliced in rings;
- Vegetable oil;
- 1 store bought raw pizza dough (enough for one pizza);
- 1/4 cup flour;
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil;
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb blend;
- Fresh cracked pepper;
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced in circles and deseeded;
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese.
- Preheat grill with lid closed to high temperature, around 600F degrees.
- While grill is heating for pizza, grill the onions and peppers.
- Brush each cut side of the onion with vegetable oil.
- Toss the pepper rings with a small amount of vegetable oil, just to lightly coat, about 1-2 tsp.
- Lay onion, cut side down, on the heated grill and grill covered for about 5 minutes.
- Also, lay the pepper rings on the grill and grill covered for about 1 minute per side.
- When veggies are done, remove from grill, close lid and continue heating grill.
- Carefully slice the onion into rings.
1- Assemble the pizza:
- Generously flour a large flat cutting board or rimless baking sheet.
- Stretch or roll pizza dough to desired thickness and lay on board or baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on the dough and spread evenly to all the edges of the dough.
- Sprinkle oiled dough with cracked pepper and Italian seasoning and gently press the seasoning into the dough with your hands.
- Layer the tomato slices, peppers and onions on pizza as desired.
- Gently press the veggies into the dough to help them stay in place.
- Sprinkle goat cheese on top of the pizza.
2- Grill the Pizza:
- Turn off one burner of preheated grill.
- Oil grill grates above the off burner. Slide pizza off the pan and onto the oiled grill.
- Close lid quickly and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Open the lid and use a pizza peel or large grilling spatula to turn the pizza 180F degrees on the grill.
- Close the lid and continue grill for about 4-5 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Total cook time will vary based on grill and temperature.
- Use a pizza peel or large spatula to slide the pizza off the grill and back onto baking sheet.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and slice into wedges. Enjoy!
III- Nutrition Facts per Slice:
- 130 Calories;
- Fat: 9g;
- Saturated fat: 4g;
- Cholesterol: 15mg;
- Carbs: 7g;
- Fiber: 1g;
- Sugars: 2g;
- Protein: 5g.
Smart Points Value: 5
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!