I- Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 (2-pound) head cauliflower, stem removed and florets into pieces;
- 1/2 cup water;
- 1 large egg;
- 1 tsp salt;
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce;
- Pinch of crushed red pepper;
- 4 ounces of mini mozzarella balls or shredded mozzarella;
- Fresh basil, for topping.
- To a food processor, add the florets and pulse until the cauliflower resembles “rice.”
- Add the cauliflower rice to a medium saucepan along with the water.
- Set over medium low heat and cook for 10 minutes until cauliflower is very soft and tender. Transfer to the center of a few sheets of cheesecloth or a towel.
- Allow to cool for a bit.
- Squeeze the cauliflower rigorously until it no longer leeches water.
- More water will come out than you think! Place it in the empty saucepan you used or a bowl.
- Mix in the egg and salt.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture into a thin circular layer, mimicking the shape of a pizza crust.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Turn the heat down to 300 degrees F.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce atop the crust and a few pieces of mozzarella.
- Transfer to the oven until the sauce is warm and cheese has melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil and a few pinches of red pepper flakes.
III- Preparation Notes:
- To combat sogginess, you can put a layer of cheese on first and then add the sauce and then more cheese.
IV- Nutrition Facts per Serving (Half Pizza):
- 90 Calories;
- Fat: 2g;
- Saturated fat: 0.5g;
- Cholesterol: 55mg;
- Carbs: 14g;
- Fiber: 5g;
- Sugar: 6g;
- Protein: 7g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!