I- Ingredients for 4 Servings:
- 4 ears of corn 3 cups cooked kernels;
- 1/2 cup red onion diced, 1/4-inch dice;
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper 1/4-inch dice;
- 1/2 cup cucumber 1/4-inch dice;
- 1 avocado 1/4-inch dice;
- 1 clove garlic minced;
- 1 jalapeño minced;
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish;
- 1/2 cup queso fresco or cotija cheese.
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt non-fat, plain;
- 2 Tbsp lime juice and zest of one lime;
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper ground, more to taste;
- 1/4 tsp cumin ground;
- 1 Tbsp olive oil;
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt;
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste.
- Lightly brush each corn cob with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high heat. Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill with the oil. Once the grill is nice and hot, add the corn.
- Close the lid and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping and covering about 12 minutes total. You want to achieve some char marks on each side. Set corn aside and allow to cool enough to handle. Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob on a cutting board.
- In a large bowl combine corn, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro and ¼ cup of cheese.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together yogurt, lime juice, zest, chipotle pepper, cumin, and salt. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk into dressing until smooth.
- Taste dressing and add more salt and pepper as desired.
3- Serve and Enjoy!
- Right before serving, combine the salad with half the dressing.
- Drizzle the top of the salad with the remaining dressing as desired, crumble the remaining 1/4 cup cheese, some chopped cilantro, and freshly ground pepper.
III- Nutrition Facts per serving (1/4 of recipe):
- 190 Calories;
- Fat: 15g;
- Saturated fat: 3.5g;
- Cholesterol: 10mg;
- Carbs: 13g;
- Fiber: 5g;
- Sugars: 6g;
- Protein: 4g.
SmartPoints Value: 7
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!