I- Ingredients for 5 Servings:
- 1 cup of long grain white rice
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp of lime juice, from about 1 lime
- 1/2 cup of freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, add rice and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir. Cover the pot, lower the heat to low and simmer for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep the pot covered for 5 more minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the onions in the hot oil for 10 minutes, until translucent and starting to brown.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cumin and cook for another minute or two.
- Mix in hot, cooked rice, lime juice, and cilantro. Mix until well combined.
- Season to taste with salt. Serve immediately.
III- Nutrition Facts per serving (1/5 of recipe):
- 200 Calories;
- Fat: 4.5g;
- Saturated fat: 0g;
- Cholesterol: 0mg;
- Carbs: 37g;
- Fiber: 2g;
- Sugars: 3g;
- Protein: 6g.
Smart Points Value: 6
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!