I- Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1/2 cup SunButter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime (the juice of)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned, not refrigerated in a carton)
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (or more to taste)
- 8 ounces pad thai noodles (one box rice noodles)
- 1 large carrots (sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 handful cilantro (finely chopped)
- 4 leaves basil
- lime wedges
- Whisk together the SunButter, tamari, fish sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and 2 teaspoons of Sriracha, and continue to whisk until combined.
- Add additional Sriracha to taste, if desired. Set the sauce aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrot and bell pepper slices to the pot.
- Continue boiling the noodles and vegetables for 2-3 minutes longer, until the noodles are al dente, and the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Use a measuring cup to remove 1/2 cup of water from the pot and set aside.
- Drain the noodles and vegetables and rinse with cold water.
- Season the chicken liberally with sea salt.
- Set a wok or extra-large skillet over medium-high heat, and pour in the oil.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken to the pan.
- Sauté the chicken for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until the pieces are golden brown and the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the noodles, vegetables, SunButter sauce, and 2/3 of the chopped scallions to the skillet.
- Gently toss everything together with a rubber spatula until the noodles and chicken are evenly coated with sauce. Add the reserved cooking water to the skillet to thin the sauce, if needed.
- Transfer the chicken and noodle sauté to a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped scallions, cilantro, and basil.
- Squeeze additional lime juice over the top, if desired, and enjoy immediately.
III- Nutrition facts per 1 serving (1/4th of recipe)
- 230 Calories;
- Fat: 12g;
- Saturated fat: 7g;
- Cholesterol: 40mg;
- Carbs: 19g;
- Fiber: 4g;
- Sugar: 10g;
- Protein: 15g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!