- The Chicken
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan, finely grated
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- The Cauliflower Rice
- 3 cups riced cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp vegetable stock
- Juice of one lemon (+ zest, if you like)
- Red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- The Chicken:
- In a shallow plate, combine parmesan cheese, grated garlic, paprika, and Italian seasoning.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in the parmesan mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until golden on each side and cooked through – about 3-4 minutes for each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Transfer to a plate.
- The Cauliflower Rice:
- In the same pan, melt 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Fry the garlic and onion for 1 minute until fragrant — be careful not to burn.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet and stir to mix everything together well and coat in melted butter.
- Cook, stirring regularly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons vegetable stock, about half the parsley, and lemon zest.
- Cook for one minute to reduce juices then add the lemon juice and a few sprinkles of leftover parmesan cheese, if you like.
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Stir in the remaining parsley.
- Return chicken over cauliflower rice and reheat quickly.
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper, red chili pepper flakes, and more parmesan.
III- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- 290 Calories;
- Fat: 18g;
- Saturated fat: 10g;
- Cholesterol: 85mg;
- Carbs: 14g;
- Fiber: 5g;
- Sugar: 4g;
- Protein: 23g.
Share the recipe:
More healthy recipes you'll love:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!