SunButter Healthy Lentil Soup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large carrot (chopped in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 parsnip (medium, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 sweet potato (medium, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder (see Notes)
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups green lentils (or cooked brown, see Notes)
- 1/4 cup SunButter Natural Crunch
- 4 cups greens (packed chopped, such as swiss chard or kale)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- salt (if needed)
- Notes: For the curry powder, you may need less depending on its intensity.
- Start with half the amount if you’re sensitive to spice, then add more at the end of cooking.
- If you are using canned lentils, drain and rinse before using.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, parsnip, and sweet potato to the mixture.
- Cook for 5 more minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, coriander, and ginger to the vegetable mixture.
- Cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant, then add the broth.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer on medium-low heat, cover, and let cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the lentils, SunButter, and greens to the mixture.
- Cook until the greens are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice vinegar.
- Adjust seasonings and add salt to taste (you may not need salt if you used regular-sodium broth).
- Serve warm, Enjoy!
III- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- 450 Calories;
- Fat: 4.5g;
- Saturated fat: 0.5g;
- Cholesterol: 0mg;
- Carbs: 76g;
- Fiber: 34g;
- Sugar: 8g;
- Protein: 27g.
Share the recipe:
More healthy recipes you'll love:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!