Slow Cooker Turkey Bacon Beef Bourguignon
I- Ingredients for 6 servings
- 5 slices Turkey bacon, finely chopped.
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut to 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 5 Medium Carrots, sliced
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 8 ounce fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet cook turkey bacon over medium high heat until crisp.
- Put turkey bacon in slow cooker.
- Salt and pepper the beef and add to the skillet and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the red cranberry juice to the skillet scraping down the brown bits on the side.
- Allow it to simmer and reduce and slowly add chicken broth, and tomato sauce, and soy sauce.
- Slowly whisk in the flour.
- Add the sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add garlic, thyme, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Give it a good stir and cook on low until beef is tender for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8.
- Garnish with fresh parley and serve with mashed potatoes if desired.
III- Nutrition facts per 1/6th of recipe
- 270 Calories;
- Fat: 12g;
- Saturated fat: 3.5g;
- Cholesterol: 15mg;
- Carbs: 30g;
- Fiber: 5g;
- Sugar: 7g;
- Protein: 10g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!