I- Ingredients for 6 Sandwiches
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add hamburger and onion, cooking and crumbling the meat until no longer pink.
- Remove meat from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels or bags to drain off the excess fat.
- Once drained, put the meat back into the skillet and add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir until combined and let simmer 10-15 minutes or until slighlty thickened.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with a slice of cheese if you’d like.
III- Nutrition facts per 1 Sandwich
- 244 Calories;
- Fat: 5g;
- Saturated fat: 2g;
- Cholesterol: 46mg;
- Carbs: 28g;
- Fiber: 2g;
- Sugar: 12g;
- Protein: 20g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!