I- Ingredients for 18 wings
- About 2 pounds of chicken wings (About 18 wings)
- Cooking oil (vegetable or canola)
- Chicken Marinade:
- 1 and 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp season salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbsps unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple
- 12 ounce bag of frozen mango chunks
- 5 large garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cayenne red pepper
- 1 to 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- Start by marinating the wings overnight.
- Mix the marinade seasonings and buttermilk together.
- Place the chicken wings into a food storage container that can be closed.
- Pour the buttermilk marinade over the chicken.
- Cover the chicken and refrigerate for at least 9 hours.
- When ready to cook the chicken, start by making the sauce first.
- Place the butter into a medium saucepan and melt the butter using a medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is blended.
- Next add the pineapple, mango, apple cider, salt, and cayenne pepper to the saucepan and stir until well blended.
- Cook the sauce on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the juice away from the fruit using a strainer.
- Mash the fruit while straining away the juice.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of the mashed fruit.
- Mix the cornstarch with the tablespoon of water, then add this cornstarch mixture to the strained juice and stir until blended.
- The sauce will thicken. Set the sauce and reserved mashed fruit aside.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, and make the flour mixture that will be the crispy outside crust of the chicken.
- Mix all the flour coating ingredients together in a food storage bag or a large bowl.
- Remove the chicken wings from the buttermilk marinade and dip the wings into the flour mixture.
- Place the floured chicken pieces onto a bakers rack for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken sits, add the cooking oil to a deep fryer or a large pan.
- Heat the oil until the temperature of the oil reaches 350F degrees.
- When ready to cook the chicken add a few pieces of chicken to the fryer at a time.
- Cook the chicken wings for about 6 to 7 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F degrees when a cooking thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
- Place the cooked chicken on a clean cooling rack.
- When ready to mix the sauce with the chicken, place the reserved fruit into the strained sauce.
- Heat the sauce through using medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a serving dish and then pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve the chicken immediately. Enjoy :)
III- Nutrition facts per wing
- 360 Calories;
- Fat: 16g;
- Saturated fat: 6g;
- Cholesterol: 100mg;
- Carbs: 28g;
- Fiber: 2g;
- Sugar: 14g;
- Protein: 27g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!