I- Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, smashed (or 2 cloves raw)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tsp chopped thyme, fresh
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped chives (or parsley)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the butter and olive oil on medium high heat in a skillet.
- Add the chicken breasts season each side with salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven-safe baking dish and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the juice run clear.
- When 10 minutes of baking time remain, prepare the balsamic mushrooms.
- Heat the same skillet used to brown the chicken over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and mushrooms.
- Saute for 1 minute before adding in the roasted garlic; cook for an additional minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, and chopped thyme.
- Heat the balsamic vinegar through for 1 minute then add in the 1/2 cup of water.
- Continue to cook until the liquid reduces to about half.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Serve warm with chopped chives or parsley.
III- Nutrition facts per 1/4th of recipe
- 260 Calories;
- Fat: 13g;
- Saturated fat: 5g;
- Cholesterol: 90mg;
- Carbs: 9g;
- Fiber: 1g;
- Sugar: 5g;
- Protein: 28g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!