I- Ingredients for 5 servings:
- 1 lb. package ground turkey breast;
- 1½ cups of sauce;
- 1 cup cooked brown rice;
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into thin medallions or spiralized;
- 1½ tbsp oregano;
- 1 tsp basil;
- 1 tbsp minced garlic;
- 1/2 cup artichokes in water, drained & sliced;
- 1 tbsp parmesan for sprinkling.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey with the seasonings and garlic.
- When the turkey is about half way through browning, add the artichokes and sauce to the pan. Stir to combine and cook until meat is browned.
- Remove the pan from heat then pours 1/4 of the meat sauce into a 9×9 square baking dish top with 1/4 of the brown rice then a few slices of zucchini.
- Repeat this process 3 times until all ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle the top with the parmesan.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil then bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to sit 10 minutes before serving.
III- Nutrition Facts per serving (1/5 of recipe):
- 150 Calories;
- Fat: 3.5g;
- Saturated fat: 1.5g;
- Cholesterol: <5mg;
- Carbs: 24g;
- Fiber: 5g;
- Sugars: 9g;
- Protein: 4g.
Smart Points Value: 6
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!