I- Ingredients for 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices crusty artisan bread
- 8 thin slices mozzarella cheese (or about 1/3 cup shredded)
- 8 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup marinara pasta sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil leaves , chopped (optional)
- butter (for spreading on bread)
- Spread butter on the “outside” pieces of bread that will touch the griddle when cooking.
- Spread marinara sauce on the inside pieces of the sandwich bread.
- Layer mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of the marinara sauce.
- Top with fresh basil, if using.
- Place bread slices together to make a sandwich.
- Place sandwich on hot griddle or skillet and cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown and toasted.
- Serve immediately.
III- Nutrition facts per 1 Sandwich
- 1070 Calories;
- Fat: 42g;
- Saturated fat: 25g;
- Cholesterol: 120mg;
- Carbs: 120g;
- Fiber: 7g;
- Sugar: 14g;
- Protein: 51g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!