I- Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts about 6 ounces each
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Use a baking pan that is large enough to have a half inch of space around each chicken breast but no more.
- Using too large a baking dish can cause the glaze to be too shallow in the pan and burn easily.
- Place the empty pan in a 425 degree oven to heat up while you prepare the glaze.
Preparing the Glaze:
- Melt the butter in a small saute pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for only 30-60 seconds to soften it.
- Add the honey, Dijon mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir well to blend and simmer over medium heat for one or two minutes begin to reduce the glaze.
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven and place the chicken breasts an equal distance apart in the pan.
- Pour the hot glaze evenly over the chicken.
- Return the pan to the 425 degree F oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste the breasts with the glaze in the bottom of the pan.
- Return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
III- Nutrition facts per serving (1/4)
- 302 Calories;
- Fat: 11g;
- Saturated fat: 6g;
- Cholesterol: 95mg;
- Carbs: 25g;
- Fiber: 0g;
- Sugar: 23g;
- Protein: 24g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!