I- Ingredients for 8-10 Toasts:
- 1 (15oz loaf) Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-Free Hawaiian Sweet Bread (Get it on Amazon Click Here), cut into 1-inch cubes;
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries;
- 8 large eggs;
- 2 cups original almond or coconut milk;
- 1/4 cup maple syrup;
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest (about 1 large lemon);
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla or almond extract;
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg;
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Arrange bread cubes evenly on the bottom of the dish, followed by the blueberries. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, almond, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour over the bread. Cover the dish with foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes or until lightly golden brown and where there isn’t any remaining liquid in the center of the dish.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
III- Nutrition Facts per 1 Toast:
- 310 Calories;
- Fat: 7g;
- Saturated fat: 1.5g;
- Cholesterol: 190mg;
- Carbs: 21g;
- Fiber: 1g;
- Sugar: 12g;
- Protein: 43g.
Notes: This post contain links to affiliate products.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!