I- Ingredients for 12 servings:
- 2 cups cooked black beans or canned no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans, drained;
- 10 Medjool dates;
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter;
- 1 tsp vanilla;
- 1/2 cup natural, non-alkalized cocoa powder;
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds;
- Raspberries or other berries for topping;
- 2 frozen bananas;
- handful of blueberries;
- a few walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Blend the black beans, dates, almond butter and vanilla in a food processor or high powered blender until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, and chia seeds and blend again.
- Pour into a very lightly oiled 8x8-inch baking pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool completely before cutting into small squares.
- Top with raspberries or other berries.
- Blend bananas, blueberries, and walnuts in a high speed blender.
- Pair the banana treat with the warm brownies and enjoy!
III- Nutrition Facts per Brownie (1/12th):
- 110 Calories;
- Fat: 3g;
- Saturated fat: 0.5g;
- Cholesterol: 0mg;
- Carbs: 20g;
- Fiber: 6g;
- Sugar: 8g;
- Protein: 4g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!