I- Ingredients for 4 servings
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup cooked pasta water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp (10 big shrimp or 20 small shrimp without shells, deveined)
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 oz mushrooms , thinly sliced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Reserve some of pasta water. 1.While the pasta is cooking, prepare shrimp alfredo sauce as described in the next steps.
- Heat a large skillet until hot - add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and immediately add garlic and shrimp.
- Cook on one side for about 1 minute until pink, on medium-high heat.
- Flip the shrimp to the other side, sprinkle the top of cooked side of shrimp with dry basil,paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt, cook for another 1-2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until shrimp is pink on both sides.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet. If shrimp is a little undercooked - it’s OK because you will continue cooking it in the sauce.
- To the same, now empty, skillet add sliced mushrooms.
- Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Cook on high heat for about 2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until mushrooms become soft and release juices.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of salt midway through cooking. To the skillet with mushrooms, add cooked shrimp.
- Immediately add 1 cup half and half.
- Bring to boil, add all of the cheese (1/2 cup shredded Parmesan and 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella) - bring to boil, then reduce to medium-simmer, and cook, constantly stirring, until the cheese melts.
- Cover with lid and remove from heat.
- Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Add cooked and drained pasta from step 1 to the skillet with shrimp and mushrooms and cream sauce.
- Reheat on medium heat. Stir well.
- If the cream sauce is too thick and you want it thinner - add some pasta water in small amounts to the cream sauce (while the sauce is simmering on low-medium heat) until you reach desired consistency.
- Season with more salt and add more crushed red pepper flakes and basil, if desired.
III- Nutrition facts per 1/4th of recipe
- 571 Calories;
- Fat: 22g;
- Saturated fat: 9g;
- Cholesterol: 327mg;
- Carbs: 48g;
- Fiber: 2g;
- Sugar: 3g;
- Protein: 41g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!