I- Ingredients for 4 Turnovers
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 granny smith apples (peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 sheet frozen pastry puff sheets (thawed, half of a 17.5-oz. box)
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a medium skillet.
- Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and beginning to soften, 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp sugar and maple syrup.
- Cook, stirring, until apples are soft but not falling apart and liquid is syrupy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Unroll pastry; cut into 4 squares.
- Place 1 piece of pastry in front of you so that a point faces you.
- Spoon apple mixture over half, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Fold over to enclose filling, forming a triangle.
- Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry pieces and apples.
- Place on baking sheet, brush with milk, sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp sugar and bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
III- Nutrition facts per 1 Turnover
- 397 Calories;
- Fat: 23g;
- Saturated fat: 8g;
- Cholesterol: 16mg;
- Carbs: 46g;
- Fiber: 2g;
- Sugar: 25g;
- Protein: 6g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!