I- Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 48 ounces kidney beans (drained);
- 12 ounces tomato paste;
- 1 onions (chopped);
- 1 tsp salt;
- 1 tsp chili powder (more if desired);
- 2 cups water.
- In a large soup or stock pot, soak beans in water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Retain soaking water.
- Bring beans and water to a slow simmer. Allow to cook for at least one hour.
- In a small bowl, combine TVP (textured vegetable protein) with hot vegetable broth and allow to sit for five to ten minutes.
- In a separate large soup or stock pan, sautee onions, garlic and chili pepper in olive oil for three to five minutes, until onions are soft. Reduce heat and add TVP, cayenne, coriander and cumin and stir well to combine.
- Add cooked beans, tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a slow simmer and stir well to combine.
- Allow to cook for at least 45 minutes more.
- Serve & Enjoy!
III- Nutrition Facts per serving:
- 200 calories;
- Fat: 3.5g;
- Saturated Fat: 0g;
- Cholesterol: 0mg;
- Carbs: 36g;
- Fiber: 4g;
- Protein: 21g;
- Sugar: 11g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!