I- Ingredients for 4 servings :
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 onions (chopped);
- 1 clove garlic (mashed);
- 1 pinch chili powder;
- 1 cauliflower;
- 2 leeks;
- 4 cups water;
- 1 lemon juice;
- Fresh thyme;
- Sea salt;
- Roasted almonds (roughly sliced).
- Prepare onion and garlic.
- Seperate the cauliflower florets from the stalk and cut into smaller pieces.
- Cut the remaining stalk in half and chopped.
- Discard the dark green leaves of the leek there are tough.
- Coarsely chop the leek and place in a strainer, rinse well and drain.
- Add olive oil to a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and chili and cook until the onions soften, stir occasionally.
- Add cauliflower and leek and let it fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer until the vegetables are soften, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a skillet and toast the almonds until lightly brown.
- Pour half of the water into a bowl and set aside.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup.
- Stir in half of the lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. If the soup is to thick add some of the remaining water.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour into bowls and serve with fresh thyme, lemon zest and toasted almonds.
III- Nutrition Facts per serving:
- 120 calories;
- Fat: 3.5g;
- Saturated Fat: 0g;
- Cholesterol: 0mg;
- Carbs: 20g;
- Fiber: 5g;
- Protein: 5g;
- Sugar: 6g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!