I- Ingredients for 18 cookie bars
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour or gluten-free* flour (measured like this)
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp (42g) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (144g) coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp (42g) dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp (28g) miniature chocolate chips
- Line a 5-quart slow cooker with foil, and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, egg white, and vanilla.
- Stir in the coconut sugar, mixing until completely dissolved.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring until just incorporated.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and 1 ½ tablespoons of miniature chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough into the prepared slow cooker, and gently press the remaining miniature chocolate chips on top.
- Place the slow cooker lid on top.
- Cook on LOW for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes, or until the sides look firm and set while the center still looks slightly underdone.
- Turn off the slow cooker, remove the lid, and let the bars cool completely to room temperature in the slow cooker.
- Once at room temperature, let them set for at least 2 hours for the best texture.
III- Nutrition facts per cookie bar
- 100 Calories;
- Fat: 3.5g;
- Saturated fat: 2g;
- Cholesterol: 15mg;
- Carbs: 15g;
- Fiber: 1g;
- Sugar: 7g;
- Protein: 2g.
More healthy recipes you'll like:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!