I- Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta;
- basil pesto;
- 2 zucchini (sliced);
- 2 yellow squash (sliced);
- 1 red onion (cut into 1” cubes);
- 20 sweet mini bells (assorted peppers, tops cut off);
- 2 Tbsp olives;
- 1 tsp salt;
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place zucchini, squash, red onion, and mini bell peppers on baking sheet. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve ½ cup of cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl add cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, basil pesto, and 1/2 cup of reserved cooking liquid. Toss to coat.
- Serve. Top with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
III- Nutrition Facts per serving (1½ cup):
- 391 Calories;
- Fat: 22g;
- Cholesterol: 4mg;
- Carbs: 42g;
- Fiber: 7g;
- Protein: 9g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!