I- Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts (medium, about 8 ounces, cut into 1-inch pieces);
- 10 ounces french bread;
- 1/3 cup pesto;
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved, divided);
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese;
- Extra-virgin olive oil;
- Shaved parmesan cheese.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the chicken and 2 big pinches of salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and starting to turn golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the bread in half lengthwise.
- Place the halves cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Spread the pesto on bread. Top with half the tomatoes and half the chicken.
- Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella. Top with the remaining tomatoes and chicken.
- Bake until the bread is heated through and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and Parmesan shavings if desired.
- Cut each half into 2 pieces for serving.
III- Nutrition Facts per Piece:
- 340 Calories;
- Fat: 12g;
- Saturated fat: 2.5g;
- Cholesterol: 25mg;
- Carbs: 41g;
- Fiber: 2g;
- Protein: 16g;
- Sugar: 3g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!