Easy Lamb Curry Healthy Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Garlic-Infused Oil,
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (36 g) chopped leeks, green parts only
- 1/2 cup (32 g) chopped scallions, green parts only
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp cayenne, to taste
- 1 pound (455 g) diced leftover lamb, or raw
- 1, 28 ounce (794 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup (123 g) lactose-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- Kosher salt
- Cilantro, optional
- Heat a large skillet over low-medium heat, and add oil.
- When oil is shimmering, add ginger, leeks and scallions and sauté for a few minutes until leeks and scallions soften.
- Add curry powder, garam masala, turmeric and cayenne (more or less to taste) and stir for about 30 seconds to bloom spices in the mixture.
- Add lamb and stir to coat.
- If lamb is raw, continue to stir and cook until lamb is beginning to cook through, about 5 minutes.
- If lamb is already cooked, simply toss to coat.
- Add tomatoes, and all their juices, bay leaf, yogurt and water and stir mixture well to combine.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 more minutes for until lamb is warmed or cooked through.
- Easy lamb curry is ready. add fresh cilantro on top and Enjoy.
III- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- 200 Calories;
- Fat: 13.5g;
- Saturated fat: 6g;
- Cholesterol: 42.5mg;
- Carbs: 17.5g;
- Fiber: 2g;
- Sugar: 4g;
- Protein: 11.5g.
Share the recipe:
More healthy recipes you'll love:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!