I- Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8″ – 1/4″ slices;
- 1/3 cup whole grain breadcrumbs;
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, reduced fat;
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper;
- Kosher or sea salt to taste;
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder;
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper;
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk.
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Combine in a small mixing bowl, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge in bread crumbs to coat both sides.
- Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray.
- If using a rack, place rack on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Allow cooling to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
III- Nutrition Facts per serving (1/4 of recipe):
- 40 Calories;
- Fat: 2g;
- Saturated fat: 1g;
- Cholesterol: 5mg;
- Carbs: 2g;
- Fiber: <1g;
- Sugars: 2g;
- Protein: 3g.
Smart Points Value: 1
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!