I- Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 cup Asian fish sauce;
- 1 cup fresh lime juice;
- 1/2 cup sugar;
- 8 garlic cloves (minced);
- 4 thai chile (thinly sliced);
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt;
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (3 1/2 pounds);
- 1/2 cup water;
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar;
- 1/4 cup sugar;
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt;
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper;
- 3 carrots (large, julienned);
- 1/4 pound daikon radishes (julienned);
- 4 baguette (8-inch);
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise;
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced lengthwise);
- 10 cilantro sprigs (large);
- 1 jalapeno chilies (thinly sliced);
- Sriracha sauce (to taste).
- In a bowl, whisk the fish sauce with the lime juice, sugar, garlic, Thai chiles and salt.
- Put the chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and refrigerate the chicken for 3 hours.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, sugar, salt and crushed red pepper to a boil.
- Transfer the brine to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the carrots and daikon and cover to keep them submerged.
- Refrigerate the vegetables for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days.
- Light a grill. Grill the chicken over moderate heat until just cooked through, about 14 minutes.
- Transfer to a work surface and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup of mayonnaise with sriracha to taste.
- Spread the cut sides of the baguettes with the sriracha mayonnaise.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on the bottom halves.
- Top with the chicken and the pickled carrots and daikon.
- Garnish with the cilantro sprigs and jalapeño.
- Serve the sandwiches.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!