I- Ingredients for 5 Servings:
- 1/2 cup quinoa;
- 1 cup water;
- 1 tsp oil;
- 1 cup chopped onion;
- 1 bag frozen chopped broccoli thawed, 10oz.
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt divided;
- 12 oz cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped;
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat milk;
- 3 Tbsp flour;
- 4 oz chopped mushrooms;
- 4 oz shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C) degrees.
- Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover.
- Cook for 10 to 13 minutes. Quinoa should be al dente, not quite cooked through. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, sauté onions in oil until translucent.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Add the quinoa and chicken, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together milk and flour. Add the mushrooms.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Carefully pour hot mixture into a blender. Remove the cap from the top of the blender.
- Place the top onto the blender and cover with a folded kitchen towel. Puree the sauce.
- Return the sauce to the saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly add the cheese whisking constantly.
- Stir the sauce into the quinoa mixture.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!!
III- Nutrition Facts per serving (1/5 of recipe):
- 339 Calories;
- Fat: 11g;
- Saturated fat: 4g;
- Carbs: 26g;
- Fiber: 4g;
- Sugars: 6g;
- Protein: 35g.
Smart Points Value: 9
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!