- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli, lightly cooked, drained and cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated reduced-fat cheese
- Position an oven rack in the center of your oven and preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a 6-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, olive oil, sugar, and mustard until well blended.
- Stir in the broccoli, scallions and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Add the egg broccoli mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide the batter equally among the 6 prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle tops with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins from the pan directly to the wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool.
III- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- 178 Calories;
- Fat: 8.2g;
- Saturated fat: 2.5g;
- Cholesterol: 70mg;
- Carbs: 20g;
- Fiber: 1.6g;
- Sugar: 3g;
- Protein: 7.1g.
Share the recipe:
More healthy recipes you'll love:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!