I- Ingredients for 40 Thumbprint Cookies:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into large cubes;
- 8oz container sharp cheddar, cut into bite sized strips;
- 2 cups all-purpose flour;
- 1/2 tsp salt;
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans.
- PREHEAT oven to 325F (160C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut 8oz container sharp cheddar into bite sized strips.
- add 3/4 cup unsalted butter into large cubes.
- Whirl in a food processor until fairly smooth.
- Add 2 cups flour about 1 cup at a time and 1/2 tsp salt, pulsing after each, until mixture comes together.
- Scrape down the side occasionally. Pinch off about 1 Tbsp dough and roll into a 1-in ball.
- Then roll in 1 cup finely chopped pecans in a small bowl .
- Place on prepared sheet.
- Using your finger, make a deep indent in centre of each ball.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until lightly golden around the edges, 15 to 18 min.
- If indent puffs up during baking, as soon as you remove cookies from oven, gently press the back of a small spoon into indent.
- Leave on sheet for 5 min. Then remove cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
- Just before serving, fill each with about 1/2 tsp jam .
III- Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 Cookie):
- 100 Calories;
- Fat: 8g;
- Saturated fat: 3.5g;
- Cholesterol: 15mg;
- Carbs: 5g;
- Fiber: 0g;
- Sugar: 0g;
- Protein: 2g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!