I- Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 lb cauliflower;
- 1 scallions (spring onions) - finely sliced;
- 4 egg - hard boiled;
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - or add more if you like it extra creamy;
- 1 tsp dijon mustard.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized chunks.
- Place into a boiling steamer for 5-7 minutes until soft but not mushy.
- Check it with a fork at 5 minutes to test it.
- If it needs a bit of extra time, leave it for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Chop or mash the hard boiled eggs and place in a large mixing bowl with the cooled cauliflower.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Serve on it’s own or with a side of chicken, fish, or else.
III- Preparation Optional Notes:
- Add more mayonnaise for extra creaminess.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Add diced red bell pepper (capsicum) for added sweetness.
- Add diced ham for a protein and flavor injection.
- Add a little chilli powder to spice it up.
- Add a pinch of onion and garlic powder.
- Use yellow mustard instead of dijon.
- Use half mayonnaise, half mashed avocado.
- Put a twist on it with any herbs or spices of your choice.
IV- Nutrition Facts per serving (half recipe):
- 170 Calories;
- Fat: 10g;
- Saturated fat: 2g;
- Cholesterol: 215mg;
- Carbs: 11g;
- Fiber: 3g;
- Sugar: 4g;
- Protein: 9g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!