I- Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 1 (16 ounce) box bow tie pasta;
- 4 Tbsp butter;
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced or pressed through a garlic press);
- 1/2 Tbsp dried basil;
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened and cut into small cubes);
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes (rinsed, drained and chopped);
- 2 cups milk;
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese (grated);
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste if needed);
- 1 cup chicken (cooked and cubed).
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While it’s cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a medium pot or skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Stir in the dried basil.
- Add the cream cheese, stirring with a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Keep cooking over medium heat and add the milk and whisk quickly and constantly until it is blended into the sauce.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, pepper and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is the desired consistency, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked noodles. I put my chicken on top, or you can mix it in.
III- Preparation Notes:
- When making them into freezer meals - put the noodles, sauce and chicken into two 9x9 foil tins.
- Wait until it cools down a little, place foil on top, and stick in the freezer.
- To cook when frozen: Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- To cook when frozen but then thawed: Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
IV- Nutrition Facts per serving (1/8th):
- 380 Calories;
- Fat: 24g;
- Saturated fat: 13g;
- Cholesterol: 85mg;
- Carbs: 22g;
- Fiber: 3g;
- Sugar: 16g;
- Protein: 22g.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!