I- Ingredients for 48 Meatballs:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef;
- 1/2 pound ground mild sausage;
- 1 cup fine soft bread crumbs;
- 1/3 cup milk;
- 1 large egg, beaten;
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt;
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice;
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
The Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup ketchup;
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed;
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar;
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce;
- 2 tsp finely minced onion;
- 1 tsp garlic powder;
- 1 tsp kosher salt;
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet (half sheet pan) with foil. Place a cooling rack in the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, sausage, bread crumbs, milk, beaten egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, the allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Mix to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
- Place the meatballs on the rack(s).
- Bake the meatballs at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, minced onion, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and the ground cayenne pepper. Stir to blend.
- Transfer the cooked meatballs to the crock pot. Add the sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
III- Nutrition Facts per 1 Meatball:
- 70 Calories;
- Fat: 3g;
- Saturated fat: 1g;
- Cholesterol: 20mg;
- Carbs: 6g;
- Fiber: 0g;
- Sugars: 4g;
- Protein: 5g.
SmartPoints Value: 2
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!