I- Ingredients for 8 Servings:
- 1 tbsp light butter;
- 1 tbsp olive oil;
- 2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced (about 2 cups);
- 1 large onion, chopped;
- 2 medium-size white potatoes (about 12 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes;
- 2 medium celery roots (celeriac; about 1 1/2 pounds total), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes;
- 1 tsp thyme;
- 1/2 tsp salt;
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder;
- 1 bay leaf;
- 6 cups fat-free low-salt chicken broth;
- 6 medium celery ribs chopped;
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half;
- 1 tsp salt;
- 1 tsp pepper;
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice;
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional).
- Melt butter with oil in pressure cooker pot using sauté/brown.
- Add leeks and onion and sauté/brown until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, celery roots, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and bay leaf. Add broth.
- Set to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes. Use quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and add celery stalks.
- Set on high pressure for 4 minutes. Use quick pressure release when done.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, cayenne pepper (if using) and fat-free half-and-half.
- Remove the bay leaf. Using an immersion blender, puree soup in a pot.
- Ladle into bowls and serve hot.
III- Nutrition Facts per Serving (1/2 Cup):
- 43 Calories;
- Fat: 3g;
- Saturated Fat: 1g;
- Carb: 3g;
- Fiber: 0g;
- Sugar: 1g;
- Protein: 0g.
Smart Points Value: 5
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!