- 1 cup quinoa
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 4 1/2 ounces green chiles (drained)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (frozen, canned or roasted)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves (chopped fresh)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 avocado (halved, seeded, peeled and diced)
- 1 roma tomato (diced)
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil an 8×8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado and tomato, if desired.
III- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- 285 Calories;
- Fat: 13.6g;
- Saturated fat: 5.3g;
- Cholesterol: 23.5mg;
- Carbs: 29.2g;
- Fiber: 6g;
- Sugar: 1.4g;
- Protein: 13.2g.
Share the recipe:
More healthy recipes you'll love:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!