- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour;
- 1/2 tsp salt;
- 1 Tbsp baking powder;
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda;
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal;
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed);
- 2 large eggs;
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Place cornmeal in a large metal or glass bowl.
- Stirring continuously, slowly pour the boiling water over the cornmeal.
- Keep stirring until the mixture has cooled to lukewarm, almost room temperature.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until combined.
- Whisk eggs until pale yellow in separate bowl.
- Add buttermilk and whisk until blended. Add flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk mixture, to the cornmeal in three parts, stirring after each addition until just combined.
- Heat a skillet or griddle pan over medium-low heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and drop batter in 1/4 cup batches onto skillet.
- Cook until medium-brown, about 3 minutes, and the tops are bubbly, then flip the griddle cakes over and cook the other side for about 2 minutes and serve immediately.
- Serve with butter, pecans and maple syrup.
III- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Portion
- 170 Calories;
- Fat: 2g;
- Saturated fat: 0.5g;
- Cholesterol: 45mg;
- Carbs: 32g;
- Fiber: 1g;
- Sugar: 7g;
- Protein: 5g.
Share the recipe:
More healthy recipes you'll love:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!