- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease or line a standard 12-cup muffin tin, and set it aside.
- In a small, heat-safe bowl, place the chopped butter and chocolate and place over a small pot of simmering water, making sure the water in the pot doesn’t touch the bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Set the bowl aside to cool briefly.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar, and whisk to combine well.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the melted butter and chocolate mixture, egg and egg whites, vanilla, and buttermilk and water mixture, mixing to combine after each addition.
- Add the (optional) 2 ounces miniature chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups, smooth the tops with wet fingers.
- Place the tin in the center of the preheated oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 19 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!
III- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- 160 Calories;
- Fat: 10g;
- Saturated fat: 6g;
- Cholesterol: 60mg;
- Carbs: 18g;
- Fiber: 2g;
- Sugar: 15g;
- Protein: 3g.