I- Ingredients for 12 serving:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup);
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (1/2 cup);
- 1 carrot, finely chopped (3/4 cup);
- 2 Tbsp olive oil;
- 1 pound ground beef;
- 1 cup milk;
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste;
- 6 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes;
- 4 tsp kosher salt;
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg;
- Long Pasta for serving.
- In a large skillet, combine the onion, celery, carrot, and olive oil and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring frequently, until it loses its pink color. Add the milk.
- Increase heat to high and cook until the milk has evaporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the tomato paste; cook over low heat to reduce its bitterness, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste to the cooker, along with the tomatoes, salt, and nutmeg.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve warm over pappardelle or some other long pasta.
III- Nutrition Facts per serving (1/12 of recipe):
- 230 Calories;
- Fat: 15g;
- Saturated fat: 6g;
- Cholesterol: 55mg;
- Carbs: 8g;
- Fiber: 1g;
- Sugars: 5g;
- Protein: 16g.
Smart Points Value: 8
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!