- 4-5 chicken thighs bone in, skin on or off
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1-1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 pound (500 g) baby red potatoes quartered
- 8 ounces (250 g) green beans halved (Optional)
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Generously season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-proof non stick pan (or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes each side, until the skin becomes golden and crisp.
- Leave 2 tablespoons of chicken juices in the pan for added flavour, and drain any excess.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan around the chicken for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the honey, both mustards, and water to the pan, mixing well, and combine all around the chicken.
- Add in the potatoes; mix them through the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, to your tastes.
- Allow the honey mustard sauce to simmer for two minutes, then transfer to the hot oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through to the bone and no linger pink in the middle.
- Remove from the oven after 30 minutes;
- add in the green beans (mixing them through the sauce), and return to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, and the potatoes are fork tender.
III- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- 530 Calories;
- Fat: 28g;
- Saturated fat: 7g;
- Cholesterol: 141mg;
- Carbs: 42g;
- Fiber: 4g;
- Sugar: 18g;
- Protein: 27g.
Share the recipe:
More healthy recipes you'll love:
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
They'll get delivered right to your inbox!