I- Ingredients for 18 bars:
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen blackberries;
- 2 Tbsp sugar;
- 2 Tbsp water;
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice;
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon;
- 1 cup all purpose wheat flour;
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats;
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar;
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon;
- 1/8 tsp baking soda;
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter melted.
- using medium saucepan, combine blackberries, sugar, water, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir in melted butter or margarine until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside 1 cup of the oat mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350F (177C) degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully spread filling on top of baked crust.
- Sprinkle remaining oat mixture lightly pressing into filling.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until topping is set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 18 bars.
III- Nutrition Facts per Bar:
- 134.4 Calories;
- Fat: 5.5g;
- Saturated fat: 3.3g;
- Cholesterol: 13.5mg;
- Carbs: 20.3g;
- Fiber: 1.5g;
- Sugars: 11.1g;
- Protein: 1.5g.
Smart Points Value: 6
Want to Eat Tasty and Healthy?
Recipes delivered right to your inbox!